Persistent Stitches crafters will be invited to join this site as “contributors.” Once you’re a contributor, for each item you wish to list for Persistent Stitches, please do the following:
- Sign into WordPress.com and (if you have other WordPress blogs) make sure you’ve selected Persistent Stitches to work on.
- In the menu on the left side of the screen, click on Posts. Then click on Add New. You are now in your listing draft.
- Click on “Add title.” Type your item name.
- To the right of the words “Start typing or type / to choose a block,” there’s a black square with a white plus sign. Click on that. IF YOU ARE INCLUDING ONLY ONE IMAGE, choose Image from the options that pop up; click Upload and add the image. TO INCLUDE MULTIPLE IMAGES (to show a couple angles or to help buyers see and select from different versions [colors, etc.] of your item), choose Gallery from the options that pop up, and upload your images. You can add captions if necessary to help buyers clearly identify the option they’d like you to send.
- Click on the white space outside your image/gallery, and “Start typing or type / to choose a block” should appear again. Click there and type your item description (a brief, 2-3 sentence description of the item, including size/dimensions, textures, colors). Write descriptions that will help low or no-vision donors understand the item on offer. If you have more than one color/pattern/size available, please list options for donors, as in: Floral print (2 available), Diamond print (4 available).
- Press return to start a new paragraph (in WordPress this actually creates a new “block”). Type “Materials:” and the materials your item is made of. You can style text with bold, italics, and so on by selecting the text and using the menu that pops up (B for bold, I for italics, etc.), by pausing in your typing and waiting for those options to pop up, or by using keyboard shortcuts.
- Press return; type “Crafter:” and however you identify yourself on this site.
- Press return; type “Donate: $[minimum donation amount for this item]”
- Press return; type “Donate to:” followed by the organization name and a short answer to the question, what does this organization do? (Organizations must have a way to donate online. You may list a maximum of 3 organizations for donors to choose from, if you prefer.) To add a link, highlight the text you want to link from and click on the image that looks vaguely like a link in a chain, which is between the I and <> options; then type or paste the URL into the box that appears and press return to confirm.
- Press return again. In italics, paste this text:
To claim this item, donate directly to the listed organization, at or above the minimum donation amount, and forward proof of donation along with a mailing address to email@example.com. The maker will mail out your item within the week!
Postage is free within the United States. If you are interested in participating from a non-U.S. location, please contact us to discuss shipping costs before making your donation.
Click “Save draft” (blue text in the upper right corner of the screen) and email firstname.lastname@example.org so we know to finalize and publish your post. You can also be in touch for help with this process. Thank you so much!
For examples, see our Current Offerings page.